Pages

Monday 31 October 2016

52 Weeks of being me!

I've been feeling the need for change, BIG change in my life for a while now and the more I thought about it the more I seemed to sink into sadness at how big a task this would be. After all I always had someone taking care of everything while I took on changes of these sort in my life. Now, although I have a loving partner, I am alone in the sense that he could walk away tomorrow with no real ripple effect other than I'd be heart broken. We own nothing together and I think after seven years he has but a few items of clothing in my home that belong to him. So I kind of feel like I'm hanging over a cliff by a tree branch waiting for it to snap. He truly is a beautiful man who is always there for me but this is still how I feel.
I have four grown children, who for the first time need nothing but the odd dinner and chat with me. I am very proud of them and though it is humbling to see the amazing men they have grown into it can be a daunting change in itself.
In my soul searching of late I came across this amazing blog Words of me project and in it I found the 52 Weeks of being me challenge, I sat on it for a little while saying that January would be the perfect time to start this challenge. After quitting my job randomly (don't worry I still have my job) I realised I couldn't keep living the way I am, I have to be the change. So as of today I am going to be that change.

The greatest risk any of us will take, is to be seen as we are ~ Cinderella

No comments:

Post a Comment